Tuesday 15 July 2008

A week away does the world of good.

i had such a fantastic week on my holidays last week. I spent a few days in London, visiting galleries, eating cake, drinking coffee, attending life drawing classes, eating more cake, taking the eurostar to Paris, shopping and so much more. I'm yet to develop the pictures as I didn't have the digital with me and had to buy a single use camera, which felt a little like going back into the dark ages. Whilst everyone was snapping away, I had to click and wind on, but hey ho.
Whilst in London I visited the - China Design Now Exhibition, which was really interesting and well worth a visit. I also went into the most amazing fabric shop- The cloth House, on Berwick street. They actually have two stores, and it was the newest one which I was totally in awe at. It had such a beautiful collection of linens and vintage ribbons that I have ever seen, and the coolest sales assistant, who was dressed in a trendy 40's style.
Fortunately the day we traveled to Paris the weather was glorious, and it took a while to adjust to the sunlight. We took the batobus(river boat) along the seine and enjoyed fantastic views of the Eiffel tower, Notre Dame and all the other popular scenes from the water. We also spent hours walking the street of Monmartre whilst enjoying the best creme brulee icecream I have ever eaten.

No comments: